Re: [ldapext] exclusions versus alreadySearched

Ah, I see. That probably didn't occur to me as we've given up on NSSRs.

>>> Mark Ennis <mark.ennis@adacel.com> 6/14/04 5:08:36 PM >>>
Jim,

I seem to recall the main value of the ChainingResults.alreadySearched

field occurs when processing a nonSpecificSubordinateReference (nssr).

Each DSA referenced by the nssr will hold one or more subordinate
naming
  context under the nssr. The alreadySearched field in the
ChainingResults allows the subordinate DSA to inform the superior DSA
which subordinate naming contexts it holds and has provided results for

in the chained search result. When using serial multi-chaining, this
information can be passed on to subsequent subordinate DSAs through the

ChainingArguments.exclusions field to reduce the work they need to
carry
out.

- Mark.