Re: [ldapext] draft-pauzies-ldap-schema-nonascii-mr-00.txt

Le Tuesday 18 May 2004 07:18, Steven Legg a écrit :
> Ramsay, Ron wrote:
> > Why isn't this covered by the old matching rules? The X.500 standard
> >
>  > caseIgnoreMatch applies to UTF-8 and matches case (though they may not
>  > have defined the meaning of space?).
>
> These matching rules strip out diacriticals before performing the case
> ignore match, which is something the existing case ignore matching rules
> don't do.
>
> The names of these matching rules are clearly causing confusion. A better
> name for caseIgnoreNonasciiMatch, for example, would be something like
> caseIgnoreCanonicalLatinMatch or caseIgnoreBasicLatinMatch.

Hi,

you're right, the name of those matching rules isn't clear, I'm french, so my
work is focused on Latin characters, but may be this could be useful for
other kind of characters, I don't know, that's why I choose to ignore all
non-ascii characters instead of only latin's ones.

Do you think this could only work on latin characters ?

Thanks for your comment.

Alexandre.

--
Alexandre Pauziès <alexandre.pauzies@linagora.com>
LINAGORA - Société de services en Logiciels Libres