Re: [ldapext] Re: draft-ietf-boreham-numsubordinates-01.txt

Ludovic Poitou wrote:

> John McMeeking wrote:
>>
>>> Firstly I'm curious as to what `numSubordinates' identifies as being a
>>> subordinate?
>>> Eg. Is a subentry counted as a subordinate?
>> I'd vote for including subentries.

I'd vote for including subentries as well...

Any use-cases for including subentries? Which are the use-cases for 'numSubordinates'?

You can have a numSubordinate != 0 and not being able to see children entries (due to access controls).

Yes. But what's the problem with that?

But having numSubordinate = 0 and getting a NON_LEAF error when deleting the entry will be be perceived as more confusing.

Does this really happen at all? Maybe I don't understand this sentence.

Ciao, Michael.