Re: [ldapext] formal question

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003, Voglmaier, Reinhard Erich wrote:

> This time a formal question. I see the mailing list of ldapext is
> working, however I did'nt find any more the working group of ldapext .
> Can someone point me out how's the situation ? Has the working group
> been closed ? If yes did another group ( ldapbis ? ) take over the work
> ?

The work of ldapbis is described in its charter; basically this is to
clarify the LDAPv3 specification set and move them toward the Draft
Standard level.

Proposed extensions to LDAP are now handled as individual submissions.
Typically they are discussed on this mailing list while being considered
by the IESG.  Individual submissions can become Standards Track RFCs just
like working group documents can.

 - RL "Bob"