Re: [ldapext] CLDAPv3

Luke Howard writes:
 > Active Directory does use CLDAPv3, so I think it is worth documenting;
 > it is on my todo list.

Right, so CLDAPv3 actually exists in practice, whether we choose to
believe in it or not. (Of course, one could argue that it's not CLDAP,
but just some ugly hack that happens to resemble CLDAP.)

 > Like RFC 1798, multiple LDAP messages are returned in a single PDU;
 > however, AD does not wrap these in an ASN.1 sequence, but instead
 > return them back-to-back.

Is this how CLDAPv3 was meant to work? In any case, it should be easy
for the server to look at the BER encoding of the request and see
whether the client has wrapped the request in an ASN.1 sequence or
not, and assume that it expects a reply on the same form; perhaps not
pretty, but it should work.

So, does anyone of you have anything vaguely resembling a draft spec
on CLDAPv3? If so, does it address this issue of (possibly optional)
sequence wrapping?

Thorild Selén
Datorföreningen Update / Update Computer Club, Uppsala, SE