Re: [ldapext] draft-ietf-ldapext-locate

David Chadwick wrote:

Leif Johansson wrote:

 snip snip

Leif is correct in saying that DNs in certs are used for two purposes, but I dont see a problem in that, if the DN is a permanent DN that does not change with time.

regards

David

It is a problem if your ldap dn design is incompatible with the pki
dn design which it often is! For instance the recently much debated
situation where uid=u4711+cn=Joe Random,... is used in the pki dn
whereas uid=u4711,... is used in your directory where multivalued
rdn's suck. But I digress from the main topic of this thread.

	leifj