Re: too many permissions in the ACM

Hi,

> To help a bit, I have included a previous mail where I outlined the
> functionality each permission provides and includes a proposal to drop
> two of the permissions ("t" and "p") with an explanation of why I think
> that
> would be acceptable.

I agree with Robert about removing 't' and 'p' and would also remove a
few others
(although not as many as before).

'c' (compare) is a special case of 's' (search), so if I wanted to stop
the compare
operation with an ACI I would also have to stop search. Otherwise, if
compare is
denied, but not search, then I would just issue a baseObject search
using an equality
filter and get the same information. So I would drop 'c' and leave 's'
to control
compare.

'i' import and 'e' export seem to be related to 'a' add and 'd' delete.
Does the list
think that we need to tell the difference between adding and deleting
entries and
moving them? If not, then 'i' and 'e' can go and add can replace import
and delete
replace export in section 5.6 (Modify DN Operation).

Mark