From: Volpers, Helmut [mailto:helmut.volpers@icn.siemens.de]
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2001 02:13
To: 'Skovgaard, Erik'; 'Kurt D. Zeilenga'
Cc: 'Mark Davidson'; ietf-ldapext@netscape.com
Subject: RE: ACM permission

Hi Erik,

It's not the normal way to use a compare operation on the password for
authentication.
Why not use the bind and you have no problems with AccessControl.

I am not sure whether you want to make a chained bind, but if you do it it
is
a chained bind and not a compare operation on the userPassword.

Helmut