From: Steinitz, Dominic J [mailto:Dominic.J.Steinitz@BritishAirways.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001 04:41
To: ietf-ldapext
Subject: BER and Attribute Syntax

I hope this is the right mailing list for asking these sort of questions. If
not can someone please direct me to the correct one.

According to BER, the decimal number 1321should be encoded as Universal
Primitive 2 1321= [2,2,5,41] but according to the attribute syntax
definitions RFC2252 6.16, INTEGER attributes are encoded as a string of the
decimal representation. So to encode an ASN.1 INTEGER we should use BER but
to encode an INTEGER attribute we should produce an OctetString of the
decimal value. Is this correct?

Dominic.

21st century air travel     http://www.britishairways.com

21st century air travel     http://www.britishairways.com