Re: Last call on 'Named Subordinate References in LDAP Directories'

At 06:53 PM 5/7/01, Mark C Smith wrote:
>3) Section 7.2 (Target object considerations), 2nd paragraph: The way
>this is worded is a little ambiguous.  Do we mean to say that the server
>SHOULD trim the scope, filter, and attribute list from the URL before
>returning it?

Yes.  The wording was meant to deal with search specific
URL extensions.  However, I concur the wording is a little
ambiguous and URL extensions are address by following
sentences.  Hence, I suggest replacing the paragraph with:

  In cases where the URI to be returned is a LDAP URL, the server
  SHOULD trim any present scope, filter, or attribute list from the
  URI before returning it.  Critical extensions MUST NOT be trimmed
  or modified.  Other parts MAY be modified or trimmed.

Kurt