Re: anonymous & none in the ACM (Was: Comments Access Control Model -authentication levels 2)

Bob,

I understand your use of the word "anonymous".  However, that's not the
way Ellen was using it in her BNF--it seems clear that by "anonymous"
she means a requestor who is not authenticated at all, not that the
requestor did authenticate but then had his identity thrown away.

I guess the LDAP version of your store customer would be a requestor who
authenticated using say SASL CRAM-MD5, but attached a proxy
authorization control with an authorization identity of "".

I think the ACM could probably accomodate such requestors with a subject
like this:

	subject = authnlevel: sasl: DIGEST-MD5 : public

In other words, for the purpose of evaluating this aci we do require the
requestor to have authenticated using SASL DIGEST-MD5, but we do not
require him to be authenticated with any _particular_ identity.

Rob.