Re: IP Address in the ACM (Was: Comments on Access ControlModel - BNF)

I don't think we should put optional things in the spec--it will create
interoperability problems.

I don't see why you are particularly down on ip address subjects, but a
subject with simple authentication doesn't seem to bother you.  I mean,
in practice I would say there is not much difference in the risk
involved in granting rights based on ip addresses and granting rights to
a subject with an authentication level of "simple".

The point is that, depending on the environment, these might well be
useful and acceptable ways of granting rights.  As such I think we
should keep the ip address subject, with the kind of warnings you
suggest.

Rob.