Re: java api startTLS() method

"Kurt D. Zeilenga" wrote:

> >  Clones are independent. Issuing startTLS dissociates a connection from its siblings.
>
> I thought clones were only dissociated on disconnect().  Anyways,
> why would the API dissociate upon startTLS and not SASL bind?  Both
> can establish security associations and protections.

  True. On bind, all clones are affected as if they were threads operating on the same connection object:

   "Reauthenticating in a clone,
   however, is a global operation which will affect the source object
   and all associated clones, because it applies to the single shared
   physical connection. Any request by an associated object after one
   has reauthenticated will carry the new identity."

Rob