RE: WG last call on "duplicate entries"

Kurt,

I'm not sure I agree here.

In your example, duplicating 'name' and an entry ...
        cn: Johann Smith
        cn: John Smith
        sn: Smith

... I'd treat values of 'cn' and 'sn' as if they were all values of the same
att 'name', and thus expect 3 entries to be returned:

  one with
        cn: Johann Smith

  one with
        cn: John Smith

  and one with
        sn: Smith

I think this aligns better with how values would be sorted (although RFC2891
doesn't explicitly talk about subtyping at all).

Whatever, it must mean that it's worthwhile adding a new example section 5.4
to the RFC to illustrate unambiguously how to treat subtypes.

Cheers,

David