Re: DN->DNS mapping in draft-ietf-ldapext-locate-05.txt

Mark C Smith writes:
> current algorithm.  It seems unlikely to me that PKI deployers will
> really issue certificates that contain DNs like this:
>
>     uid=bjensen,ou=accounting,dc=example,dc=com,o=Example
> Industries,c=US

See subject "alternate "dc" naming conventions".
The Grid community is very close to this and some
similar variations, if it hasn't happened already.
I think it is very likely something like
cn=host.lab.org,dc=lab,dc=org,o=grid or
cn=host.lab.org,dc=lab,dc=org,o=grid,c=us  & other variants
will be in common use.

> They will want to make that transition someday anyway.  No?

It's not clear ... it may still be early enough in the policy
development period to fix this in the Grid.