Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ldapext-locate-05.txt

> On Friday 09 March 2001 03:15, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
> > What are the outstanding technical issues in regards to
> > this I-D?  I assume there must be some unresolved issue
> > as this I-D is on the IETF#50 agenda.  However, given that the
> > two recent enquiries requesting status and outstanding
> > issues came up empty, I cannot even imagine what they
> > might be.  Can someone provide a clue?
>
> I had the impression that the topic Bob brought up at the last IETF meeting
> was not completely resolved. If that isn't the case I'll gladly remove it
> from the agenda.

It is still my impression that this doc will not get thru
IESG/IETF-Last-Call with the current DN->DNS mapping algorithm.  But the
way it is does represent the consensus of the ldapext WG, so probably the
best way to get real discussion is to forward it to IESG.

Tim Polk, one of the PKI-oriented folks who is prepared to make the case
for changing the mapping algorithm, is willing to come to the ldapext
meeting to talk about this.  So I suggest we use the slot for this
discussion.

 - RL "Bob"