RE: Updated Result Code for LDAP Controls draft - draft-armijo-ldap-control-error-01.txt

HI Michael,

As in the following part of the draft,

The controlError SHOULD NOT be used to represent any condition that
can be defined using any existing result code in RFC 2251.

Does that mean for instance, if there is 'noSuchAttribute' error
happened for Server side sorting, both the searchResultDone
and the sssResponseControl would return 'noSuchAttribute' error?

And only if the error can not be found in RFC 2251 like
'sortContolMissing' for VLV, this new controlError will be
used in searchResultDone message.

Thanks,
--
John Liang