Re: Fix for VLV draft.

>From my read of draft-armijo-ldap-control-error-00.txt, the proposal is to ammend RFC 2251 in a way that cannot be done. I may be misreading it.

Maybe it intends to say that this result code MUST only be used when the operation is accompanied by a control that specifies its use. If this is the case, I think it should be re-worded, and progressed so that other I-Ds needing to consume it can be progressed.

Otherwise, I don't mind introducing a new error code in the VLV draft itself that is only used in the presence of the VLV control.

Jim

>>> "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org> 1/29/01 10:49:32 AM >>>
I think it's a bad idea to overload the semantics of the 'other'
(or any other existing) result code.  'other' should only imply
some implementation specific error.   IIRC, Michael previously
suggested introduction a new result code indicating that an error
occurred during control processing.  I believe we should pursue
this approach.

Kurt