RE: Fix for VLV draft.

>>> "John Liang" <John.Liang@openwave.com> 1/29/01 10:35:29 AM >>>
>I want to ask a few questions about this topic:
>
>1> if the control is not critical, and there is an error in server side
>sorting control
>or virutal list view control, the server is supposed to send back all
>unsorted result.

No, during processing, if there is an error (due to the control being processed or otherwise), processing stops, and the searchResultDone is returned with (some) error code.

>if the server returns all unsorted entries successfully,
>is LDAP searchResultDone message supposed to return LDAP_SUCCESS or
>other(80)?
>Must we include sssResponse and vlvResponse with corresponding error code?

If the server returns all unsorted entries successfully, it is because the server does not support the vlv and sss controls, and they are not marked critical. Thus they are ignored and the search is processed as if it never had the controls. There is no sss or vlv response code in this case because the server doesn't recognise them.

>2> if the control is critical, besides return
>LDAP_UNAVAILABLE_CRITICAL_EXTENSION,
>Must we return the corrseponding sssResponse and vlvResponse result code?

Yes.