From: Jim Sermersheim [mailto:JIMSE@novell.com]
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2001 12:17 PM
To: ietf-ldapext@netscape.com
Subject: Fix for VLV draft.

Back in September, as the Virtual List View draft was going through standardization process, Michael Armijo noted the following problem:

>In section 3.2 we have details about what the virtualListViewResult
>codes mean, but we still do not define what result code should be
>returned in the actual SearchResult in the case where there is a value
>other then success(0) in the virtualListViewResult.
>
>We should return something other then success(0)in the SearchResultDone
>if there is a result code other then success(0) in the
>virtualListViewResult and what that result code is should be defined (or
>referenced) in the VLV draft.

I propose that we fix this by inserting the following statement as paragraph 4 of Section 3.2
If the LDAP SearchResultDone message has a resultCode of other (80),
the virtualListViewResponse MAY be included and MAY hold a non-zero
value in the virtualListViewResult field.
If there are no objections, I'd like to add this and allow the draft to progress.

Jim