Comments on draft-seilenga-lldap-cancel-00.txt

Greetings,

In section 4.1, the existing return codes for the protocol are being added to with four additional values.  The values seem appropriate only for the Cancel extended operation.

I suggest that the existing return codes are not changed.  Rather, I suggest that the Cancel Response contain:

CancelResponseValue ::= SEQUENCE {
        cancelResultCode ENUMERATED {
                canceled (0),
                noSuchOperation (1),
                tooLate (2),
                cannotCancel (3)
        }
}

This way, the existing protocol data elements are not infringed upon by the added extended operation.

My other commnets are editorial and will be sent directly to Kurt.

Regards,
Tim Hahn

Internet: hahnt@us.ibm.com
Internal: Timothy Hahn/Endicott/IBM@IBMUS or IBMUSM00(HAHNT)
phone: 607.752.6388     tie-line: 8/852.6388
fax: 607.752.3681