Re: Open issues with the Java LDAP API draft

Rob,

I think the wording for the method getResponseControls in the
LDAPConnection class needs to be clarified slightly to clarify
that it applies only to non search operations, e.g.

"Returns the latest Server Controls for non search  operations
returned by a Directory Server with a response to an LDAP
request from the current thread, or null if the latest
response contained no Server Controls."

-Steve

Steve Sonntag
Novell, Inc., the leading provider of Net services software

>>> Rob Weltman <robw@worldspot.com> 21-Jan-01 6:13:31 PM >>>
  These are the issues that have been raised (that I am aware of) with the latest Java LDAP Internet Draft (http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapext-ldap-java-api-12.txt), along with my own proposals for disposition.

  Nothing major, I don't think, and I'd like to conclude discussion on them in a week or so and update the Internet Draft.

Rob