Re: Open issues with the Java LDAP API draft

Kurt,

The default behavior for following referrals is specified in
the LDAPConstraints object.  The boolean doReferrals parameter
controls whether referrals are followed or not.  The default
for this parameter is "FALSE", i.e. referrals are not
automatically followed [period].  See also 4.7.8.

-Steve

At 05:13 PM 1/21/01 -0800, Rob Weltman wrote:
>  These are the issues that have been raised (that I am aware of) with the latest Java LDAP Internet Draft (http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapext-ldap-java-api-12.txt), along with my own proposals for disposition.

I have a few other issues.  Many of these have been
discussed previously.

Appears the default behavior is to chase referrals.  As I've
noted previously on this list, this is not a wise default from
a security perspective.  The default should be not to chase
referrals (period).

Kurt