Re: Returning Partial Results for an operation

Hi all,

When I read the two alternatives, the extended operation seemed to be a "better fit" than using a control on an abandon.

Having a control signal that an additional protocol element (a response) be sent doesn't seem as "clean" as using an extended operation where a request and response are both defined protocol elements.  I can't phrase my thoughts on this any better than that but hopefully this makes sense to most of you.

Regards,
Tim Hahn

Internet: hahnt@us.ibm.com
Internal: Timothy Hahn/Endicott/IBM@IBMUS or IBMUSM00(HAHNT)
phone: 607.752.6388     tie-line: 8/852.6388
fax: 607.752.3681