RE: CIM24 schema tweaks

All,

Interesting... Having the opportunity to be at the directory server vendor
side, and now as a server user,  I do believe the spec work has been
wonderful. Functional inter-operations are possible thanks to the effort.
Schema inter-operations... we are not there yet.

We all know there could be many implementations, but only one (one hopes)
guideline/recommendation/standard document. It would be a daunting task to
cover all possible interpretations (implementations). This may be beyond the
scope of the spec.

To all of this we should also consider the limitations of the underlining
technology on which that implementation is based on. Is there a Directory
server that supports near 100% the LDAP spec? Maybe. Is it the one we all
use? Sure not.

Let's take MS ActiveDirectory (pardon the example). It does not support
multiple names or attribute superiors or matching rules or ... It does
however have other features like LinkID's to define relationships. So we
have to take the spec and "adjust" it to the technology. Who should do it?
The developer? The vendor? The spec editor?

The industry is hungry for guidance from the standard bodies. Not
necessarily the ultimate solution.

Thanks to all!!
Félix E Quevedo
:) Smile, everything is possible!