Re: RFC 2596 questions

> Yes, I'm reading "direct" into the 2251 statement. David has argued
> that: cn;lang-en-US;lang-ja is a direct subtype of cn;lang-en-US,
> which in turn is a direct subtype of cn. Does this also mean that it's
> also a subtype of cn;lang-ja,

Yes, I would say so. The new dual language subtype is a subtype
of both single language subtypes. The order does not matter. We
have

               supertype
             /                  \
subtype 1                    subtype 2
              \                 /
              subtype1-2

David

>or is it strictly a right to left thing?
> If r to l, then the attribute type option ordering restriction will
> get in people's way.
>
> Jim

David Chadwick
IS Institute, University of Salford, Salford M5 4WT
Tel +44 161 295 5351  Fax +44 161 745 8169
Mobile +44 790 167 0359
Email D.W.Chadwick@salford.ac.uk
Home Page  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/chadwick.htm
Understanding X.500  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/X500.htm
X.500/LDAP Seminars http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/seminars.htm
Entrust key validation string MLJ9-DU5T-HV8J