Re: Matching Rules for Constructed Syntaxes

Steven

Being an editor of a current ID on LDAP schema and matching rules
for PKIX, I find your approach very appealing. Having to write
potentially dozens of new matching rules for certs and CRLs, that
all do very similar things, a generic way of describing this has
significant benefits from a documentation point of view. I am
certainly prepared to use your work in the PKIX schema ID, if there
is general approval for it to procede.

I also think the work should be part of LDAPExt as we need this
type of matching rule to be core to LDAP implementations, and not
application specific. In this way many applications can benefit from
the technology provided by a central LDAP server.

David

David Chadwick
IS Institute, University of Salford, Salford M5 4WT
Tel +44 161 295 5351  Fax +44 161 745 8169
Mobile +44 790 167 0359
Email D.W.Chadwick@salford.ac.uk
Home Page  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/chadwick.htm
Understanding X.500  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/X500.htm
X.500/LDAP Seminars http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/seminars.htm
Entrust key validation string MLJ9-DU5T-HV8J