Re: Duplicate entries filter

> The issue should be what behavior do applications need and whether a)
> or b) (or both) or other controls fulfill the need.  I think we should
> take a step back and discuss background and intended use information
> before choosing.

Agreed. The usage scenario that I have heard is producing a paper
telephone directory, where you want one line for each telephone
number, so that people may be listed several times in the directory.
If the entry is only returned once with multiple values (as in the
standard Search), this does not produce the desired result. I cannot
remember another usage scenario being presented, but maybe
others can?

David

> Kurt

David Chadwick
IS Institute, University of Salford, Salford M5 4WT
Tel +44 161 295 5351  Fax +44 161 745 8169
Mobile +44 790 167 0359
Email D.W.Chadwick@salford.ac.uk
Home Page  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/chadwick.htm
Understanding X.500  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/X500.htm
X.500/LDAP Seminars http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/seminars.htm
Entrust key validation string MLJ9-DU5T-HV8J