Re: new internet draft - LDAP Extensions Style Guide

At 12:20 PM 8/14/2000 -0400, Rich Salz wrote:
I thought Harald and I had reasonable examples of unsolicited return
controls (e.g., "search results not legally binding" and "shift-JIS
encoded") that made sense.

Hmmm... All that I got out of that was that if the client didn't understand the Japanese control then it would be gibberish. Thus, the client could safely ignore the control... Perhaps we need a new control on the Bind operation that lists the Client's supported controls. Then, the server is not allowed to send back any unsupported controls.

Bruce
Bruce Greenblatt, Ph. D.
Directory Tools and Application Services, Inc.
http://www.directory-applications.com
See my new Book on Internet Directories: http://www.phptr.com/ptrbooks/ptr_0139744525.html