Re: LDAP subentry alignment with X.500 subentry

Mark,

I would say that the complexity of the X.500 style specifier would be a barrier
to it's adoption for the LDAP access control model.
So I would say some simplified subtree specifier would be preferable (base,
onelevel, subtree ?).

Even ignoring the subtree specifier there are cons associated with  putting acis
into subentries compared to just storing them as attributes--for example you need
to control access to the subentries which, becuase subentries do not behave like
ordinary entries, requires at least one additional aci attribute (something like
entryACI or subEntryACI).

Rob.