Applicability Stmt (AS) rescinding "IESG Note" and defining "LDAPv3"

RFCs 2829 and 2830 were recently published, nominally meeting the IESG's
requirement for rescinding the "IESG Note" gracing the first pages of RFCs
2251..2256. Patrick has indicated that we can address the "Note" by publishing
an RFC that "updates" 2251..2256.

Additionally, we've spoken at various times of a "core" set of LDAPv3 RFCs,
nominally represented by 2251..2256 (plus the two I-Ds that have become 2829
and 2830) but this has never been formally defined.

The attached I-D is a draft for an "applicability statement" (see RFC 2026
section 3.2) both rescinding the Note and defining the set of RFCs
constituting LDAPv3.

We're suggesting that LDAPEXT work to refine this I-D and submit it for
Standards Track. This will clarify what constitutes LDAPv3 as presently
specified and help mitigate any issues that might have arisen due to the "IESG
Note".

May we please add this item to the Pittsburgh LDAPEXT agenda?

thanks,

Jeff Hodges & RL "Bob" Morgan