Re: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-ldapext-locate-02.txt

A couple of quick comments:

Section 3: DN -> domain mapping

The section should state that the mapping results in a fully
qualified domain name.

I would also like to see examples provided.

Also, from the Minutes from AU.

>Questions asked included:
> - Are there problems with converting dc-based DNs to DNS names? what are the
>   character set restrictions?

Though I believe DC's choice of IA5 will require it to be replaced
eventually, that's outside the scope of this work.

>- if client can't find the SRV record with a exact lookup of the DNS name,
>  should it walk up the tree?  If not, then does this need to be explicitly
>  called out?

No, yes.