RE: clarification: ;binary

At 12:48 PM 6/8/00 +1000, Ramsay, Ron wrote:
>Yes, but then string values returned as binary are sent as one octet string
>inside another.

If the syntax of the attribute is octetString, yes, the ;binary
attribute value, an OCTET STRING, will include the octetString
value.  Likewise, if you transfer cn;binary, the attribute value,
an OCTET STRING, should contain a BER encoded DirectoryString.
And if you transfer certificate;binary, the attribute value, an
OCTET STRING, contains the BER encoded certificate.

I see how my previous comment might have been confusing.

Kurt