Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ldapext-cldap-00.txt

> I'd rather make it
>
> SEQUENCE {
>     controls SEQUENCE {
>          requestID INTEGER,
>          ...  -- note - "extensible" is a 97-ism
>     }
>     CHOICE {
>        [0] LDAPRequest
>        [1] LDAPResponse
>     }
> }
> if that's simpler.

Hmmm, and this is different from LDAPMessage how? I thought you wanted to
compress sessions where multiple responses are returned by stuffing them
in one PDU. Is there a SEQUENCE missing from the above somewhere? Or are
you "only" looking at session management? In the latter case I also don't
see how this is based on 1789 which is _all_ about multiple PDUs (search-
results actually) in one datagram.

> you mean give people rope enough to hang themselves in 15 different ways? :-)

Absolutely :-) But seriously, some might actually learn not to.

	Cheers Leif