RE: gluing directories with draft-ietf-ldapext-locate-02.txt

I think DNS is good glue.  It's proven itself time after time as
being such.  I believe it wise to experiment with further
leveraging of DNS.

Yes, there are some limitations to DNS SRV location of services.
However, in many ways, it's much more suitable to this task than
X.500/LDAP.  Time will tell.  Maybe after a few months of operation,
I'll write an I-D detailing lessons learned from this experiment.

>To me this is definitely not what "large scale" directory users want...an
>unprotected, uncoordinated, non deterministic "information" infrastructure

ie: the Internet.  :-)

	Kurt