RE: gluing directories with draft-ietf-ldapext-locate-02.txt

Is anyone concerned that "gluing directories with LDAP" is only providing a
system which is slow, has lots of overheads, is more complex than X.500 and
will only deal with publically accessable attributes for non authenticated
users.
 - ie one cannot put a consistent ,distributed authentication and access
control regime over this AND one cannot do predictable (response time)
distributed searches that are controlled/protected by the server at the
client access point - or provide "service" based correlation of the

To me this is definitely not what "large scale" directory users want...an
unprotected, uncoordinated, non deterministic "information" infrastructure

Sorry - Just my views

regards alan