Re: draft-mmeredith-rootdse-vendor-info-02.txt

I've written or helped people write dozens of LDAP clients (hundreds?)

None of these clients includes SNMP client code, although they include
many other protocols (SMTP, IMAP, POP, S/MIME, HTTP and many others).

I conclude that most (LDAP) client applications don't have any need to
speak SNMP today, and therefore we shouldn't force them to do so just to
get at this information.  A little redundancy doesn't seem like a bad
thing in this instance.

--
Mark Smith
Directory Product Development / iPlanet E-Commerce Solutions