Re: draft-mmeredith-rootdse-vendor-info-02.txt

To be blunt, I don't believe that there is much use for this draft.  The
information that it proposes to add to the Root DSE is already published is
already available from SNMP if the LDAP server conforms to RFC 2248.  The
applVersion field of the MIB is useful here.  I think that this draft
should just point to RFC 2248 (and perhaps 2605) and explain where the
vendor information should be placed.  These are already standards track
documents, and have places to put the information that this draft defines.
(Just my $0.02 worth)

 Bruce
Bruce Greenblatt, Ph. D.
Directory Tools and Application Services, Inc.
http://www.directory-applications.com