Re: unsolicited controls (Was: I-DACTION:draft-weltman-ldapv3-auth-response-01.txt)

RFC 2251, 4.4 (unsolicited notifications) says:
   It [an unsolicited notification] is used to signal an
   extraordinary condition in the server or in the connection
   between the client and the server

I believe the same should apply to unsolicited controls:
  An unsolicited response control is used to signal an
  extraordinary condition with the operation.

That is, the fact that an identity is authorized is by a
operation bind is quite ordinary and hence a client shouldn't
be notified of the identity unless explicitly requested.

Kurt