Re: RFC2251: RootDSE subschemasubentry issue

At 07:26 PM 2/9/00 -0000, David Chadwick wrote:
>Do you agree with this analysis?

Yes.

The next questions are:

What other attributes published in RootDSE are naming
context specific?

I've seen a lot of proposals (including my own) which
suggest attributes for publishing capabilities.  It's
likely that some of these are not server specific,
but are naming context specific.

From the design perpective, I see different ways of
providing naming context specific information:

1) add new attributes which provide the context
and the capability as combined value.  (Ie:
 1A)	dn:  (root dse)
	subschemasubentries: dc=openldap,dc=org $
	 ( cn=subschema $ cn=openldap-subschema )
	subschemasubentries: dc=example,dc=com $ cn=subschema

or:
 1B)	dn: (root dse)
	subschemasubentries: dc=openldap,dc=org $ cn=subschema
	subschemasubentries: dc=openldap,dc=org $ cn=opendlap-subschema
	subschemasubentries: dc=example,dc=com $ cn=subschema

2) provide an attribute which lists naming contexts
AND a provides a DN of an entry (or subentry) which
contains attributes describing the naming context
specific capabilities.

	dn: (root dse)
	namingContextCapabilities: dc=openldap,dc=org $ cn=openldap
	namingContextCapabilities: dc=example,dc=com $ cn=example

	dn: cn=openldap
	subschemasubentries: cn=subschema
	subschemasubentries: cn=openldap-subschema

	dn: cn=example
	subschemasubentires: cn=subschema

Comments?