RE: LDAP C API -> Informational

At 06:28 PM 12/21/99 -0800, Paul Leach (Exchange) wrote:
> Are you saying... ?

I am saying the specification is not currently, IMO, suitable
for progressing on the Standard Track and that it will take
signification time and energy to resolve the outstanding issues.

I recognize the need to have a specification we can reference
sooner than later.  I see publishing what we have now as
information provides a specification which we can unify under.
We can resolve the larger issues as a follow-on effort.

> If the highest priority is really the need to let LDAPEXT conclude,
> then we should just drop the work item from the charter.

I actually support spinning off separate working groups for
may items on the current LDAPext charter...  personally, I
like to see LDAPext focus on AuthMeth, StartTLS, and RFC2251bis.