Re: I-D ACTION:draft-mmeredit-rootdse-vendor-info-00.txt

If there is a capability X which is optional (not mandatory to implement) in
RFC 2251-2256, is not advertised through existing root DSE or subentry
mechanisms, is implemented by some servers but not others, and its absence
causes a client request to be rejected or incorrectly performed by some
servers but not others, then I will want to add a way of advertising the
presence/absence of X in the root DSE, a subentry or other suitable place.
I will want to do so in a way that allows for a client from implementor Y and
a server from implementor Z to interoperate even if Y and Z are unaware of
each other.

Mark Wahl, Directory Product Architect
Innosoft International, Inc.