Knowledge Reference Drafts

Hi -

At today's ldapext meeting I said that I thought that the two Knowledge
Reference drafts were overlapping rather than complementary, and agreed to
send mail about it to the list.

The two drafts I found are at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapext-knowledge-00.txt and
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapext-namedref-00.txt - I
don't know whether thay are the two that Mark was referring to, but they
are the only ones listed on the ldapext web page at
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/ldapext-charter.html

Rather than handling differeent cases, it looks to me as though the
knowledge-00 draft describes a more elaborate version of the same idea that
is in the namedref-00 draft. I could be wrong on this - if I am then I
hereby make a plea for explanatory text in both drafts pointing out the
relation between them.

If I'm not wrong then I suggest that we need to choose between the two
drafts rather than to merge them.

Regards,

Chris
+++++

           Chris Harding
  T H E    Development Manager
 O P E N   Apex Plaza, Forbury Road, Reading RG1 1AX, UK
G R O U P  Mailto:c.harding@opengroup.org   Ph: +44 118 950 8311 x2262
           WWW: http://www.opengroup.org    Fx: +44 118 950 0110

OSF/1, Motif, UNIX and the "X" device are registered trademarks in
the US and other countries, and IT DialTone and The Open Group are
trademarks of The Open Group.