Re: I-D update -- draft-ietf-ldapext-ldap-c-api-04.txt

Morteza Ansari wrote:

> I was looking at the LDAPAPIInfo structure and noticed that the
> last two fields of the structure are not explained/defined, and
> more importantly there is no mention whether *ldapai_vendor_name
> should be freed by application after doing a ldap_get_option()
> or not?  Is this just an accidental omission or is it intentional?
>
> It seems to me that right after defining ldapai_extentions, you jump
> into defining  LDAPAPIFeatureInfo members and their usage.

Oops.  The omission was accidental.  Thanks for catching this!  The -02
version of the draft did include the descriptions for the last two
fields of the LDAPAPIInfo structure, but I managed to drop the text
between -02 and -03.  My mistake.  Here's the missing text that should
appear in section 9.2:

ldapai_vendor_name
          A zero-terminated string that contains the name of the party
          that produced the LDAP API implementation.  This field may be
          set to NULL if no name is available.  If non-NULL, the caller
          is responsible for disposing of the memory occupied by passing
          this pointer to ldap_memfree() which is described later in
          this document.  This value SHOULD match the value of the
          LDAP_VENDOR_NAME macro described earlier in this document.

ldapai_vendor_version
          An implementation-specific version number multiplied by 100.
          For example, if the implementation version is 4.0 then this
          field will be set to 400.  If no version information is avail-
          able, this field will be set to 0.  This value SHOULD match
          the value of the LDAP_VENDOR_VERSION macro described earlier
          in this document.

--
Mark Smith
iPlanet Directory Architect / Sun-Netscape Alliance