Re: Comments on aci-model-04

> In implementation, group and role tend to both be implemented as a group
> of names. However, a group is just a collection of names where the group
> name can be used to shorthand access to some object or attribute.

Ellen,

This is the bit I am objecting to, i.e. the attaching of two different
semantics to group - one where the name of the group is a
shorthand for the group e.g. o=ibm,c=us, - the other where the
name of the group points to a group of names object where the
enclosed names bear no relationship to the name of the group
e.g.cn=ldapext, dc=netscape, dc=com.

I therefore am proposing that you have two separate values for
dntype, to reflect the differences. Lets call them subtree and group.

David

David Chadwick
IS Institute, University of Salford, Salford M5 4WT
Tel +44 161 295 5351  Fax +44 161 745 8169
Mobile +44 790 167 0359
Email D.W.Chadwick@salford.ac.uk
Home Page  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/chadwick.htm
Understanding X.500  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/X500.htm
X.500/LDAP Seminars http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/seminars.htm
Entrust key validation string MLJ9-DU5T-HV8J