RE: String representation of postalAddress

You're right, I didn't chase it far enough.  Thanks

>>> "Salter, Thomas A" <Thomas.Salter@unisys.com> 9/21/99 2:22:34 PM >>>
I believe X.520 says ALL DirectoryStrings have a lower bound of 1 and some
upper bound.

This is the DirectoryString definition from X.520:

	DirectoryString { INTEGER : maxSize } ::= CHOICE {
	teletexString		TeletexString (SIZE (1..maxSize)),
	printableString		PrintableString (SIZE (1..maxSize)),
	universalString		UniversalString (SIZE (1..maxSize)) }