Re: LDAP Server Discovery

> What I'm proposing is a prioritized list of methods to discover
> LDAP servers that interoperable implementations would use.

I would have thought that servers could _use_ the same mechanisms as clients
described in Ryan's taxonomy I-D for DNs of the DC form.  There was a draft
in the LSD working group that timed out on interconnecting servers holding
contexts with prefixes of the DC form with servers whose context prefixes were
not of the DC form.  Neither of these drafts cover how this information is
made available when a naming context is created, although there are now
advertising mechanisms for DNS and SLP, and X.500 (DOP), they are not yet too
widely deployed I suspect.

Mark Wahl, Directory Product Architect
Innosoft International, Inc.