RE: LDAP Server Discovery

>While I hate to rain on any parade at the idea stage, how close
>does this get to the "discovery" drafts that never made it through
>the IESG from the SVRLOC working group?

Is there some history here I'm not aware of?

What I'm proposing is a prioritized list of methods to discover
LDAP servers that interoperable implementations would use. This
would include DNS, SLP, and maybe DHCP if relevant, potentially others.
I can't recall having seen a draft about LDAP server discovery go
through SRVLOC, however.

		jak