Re: Matching rules for UTF-8

That's my conclusion, too.  Shame, since the LHS is not case sensitive, and that will probably be commonly used for presentation addresses...

ldap://ldap.whatever.com:389

for instance, instead of

ldap://ldap.whatever.com:389/some-ldap-search-criteria

right now, I've left it caseExactIA5Match, as done in NAMEDREF, RFC2079, and RFC2255.

Ed

=================
Ed Reed, Technologist
Novell Product Management
+1 801 222 3944 (new number!)

>>> Mark Wahl <M.Wahl@INNOSOFT.COM> 08/31/1999 18:02:39 >>>

The RHS of HTTP URLs are case sensitive, so a case exact match should be used.
However, should it not be a caseExactIA5Match?

Mark Wahl, Directory Product Architect
Innosoft International, Inc.

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
X-GWTYPE:USER
FN:Ed Reed
TEL;WORK:801-222-3944
ORG:;Product Management
TEL;PREF;FAX:TBD
EMAIL;WORK;PREF;NGW:ED REED@novell.com
N:Reed;Ed
TITLE:Technologist
ADR;DOM;WORK;PARCEL;POSTAL:;ORM-A-211
LABEL;DOM;WORK;PARCEL;POSTAL;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Ed Reed=0A=
ORM-A-211
X-GWUSERID:ED REED
END:VCARD