Re: The 'any' attribute type

  We also had the short-lived "preferred language control" a year or two ago, which would have filled the same purpose but better (as I recall) - it would have caused the
most explicit language-tagged attribute subtypes to be returned if there were any, and otherwise the base (untagged) attributes. That would let you get a full set of
attributes back with one search, including "shared" attributes without any language variants.

  When that was killed, we added support for doing it in the client (in the C and Java LDAP client SDKs).

Rob